Preparation time: 15minutes
Cooking time: 45minutes
Submitted by: Lead Cooks Working Group
450g Apples - peeled, cored and sliced
50g Demerara sugar
1 tbsp Plain flour
1 pinch Cinnamon
300g Plain flour
175g Demerara sugar
200g Unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit.
4. Butter individual foils and distribute fruit mixture, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.