Light Meal / Lactose Free / Nut Free / Low Sodium / Suitable for Diabetics / Halal / Low Phosphate / Healthy heart recipe
Submitted by: Lead Cook Susan Wilk
250 gms Tinned boneless salmon – drained off-a any liquid (or fresh salmon fillet, cooked)
If using Haloumi cheese - 250 gms Haloumi cheese
1 – 1 and half tbsps Flat leaf parsley - chopped
1 – 1 and half tbsps Fresh dill - chopped
1 kg New potatoes – scrubbed and quartered if necessary (Approx 3 new potatoes pp)
1x150 gm Jar of roasted peppers in oil
1 tbsp Capers
250 mls Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp Whole grain mustard
2 tbsps Olive oil
5 Soft baps
1. Wash and quarter the new potatoes, and cook in boiling water until soft. Rinse in cold water to cool and refrigerate to reduce temperature.
2. Make dressing by combining yoghurt, mustard, and olive oil.
3. Drain the tinned salmon and break up into bite-size pieces. Toss with remaining ingredients - retain some parsley for garnish and chill for at least one hour.
4. If using Haloumi, gently fry or grill and then chop into chunks. Chill
5. Either combine the salad with the dressing or serve with the dressing
6. Garnish with remaining chopped parsley.
Serve with a soft bap
If you wish, you may substitute chopped boneless skinless chicken breast for the salmon or toasted or fried haloumi as a vegetarian option
You can also serve this recipe as a sandwich. In this case, slice the baps, and toss the salad with the dressing before filling.