Light Meal / Main Course / Lactose Free / Nut Free / Shellfish Free / North African / Suitable for Diabetics / Healthy heart recipe / Vegetarian / European
Preparation time: 20minutes
Cooking time: 10minutes
Submitted by: EP class recipe- The Food Chain
2 large tomatoes, finely chopped.
1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and finely chopped.
3 spring onions, finely chopped.
Squeeze of lemon juice.
Ground black pepper.
½ tablespoon of olive oil.
1 teaspoon vegetable oil, for greasing.
4 soft flour tortillas.
150g half-fat Cheddar cheese, grated.
1) First prepare the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, avocado and spring onions. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and the olive oil and then season the mixture with some pepper.
2) Grease a non-stick frying pan with a few drops of vegetable oil. Place the pan over a medium-high heat.
3) Add a tortilla to the pan and sprinkle one quarter of the cheese over the top. Heat for a few moments until the cheese starts to melt, then sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the salsa onto one half of the tortilla. Fold in half using a wooden spatula, then cook for another few seconds.
4) Slide the cooked tortilla onto a serving plate and cut in half. Continue to cook the remaining tortillas in the same way.
5) You can add little bits of cooked chicken or chopped ham to the tortillas if you like. Add it just after the cheese.
Small mixing Bowl
Mixing spoon, 1 knife, 1 spoon set, 1 fish slice
Non-stick frying pan
Serving plate + knife and fork x 2