Baked Rice Pudding & Fruit Compote
Preparation time: 5minutes
Cooking time: 1hours
Submitted by: EP Class Recipe - The Food Chain
• 100g pudding rice
• 600ml whole milk
• 30g caster sugar
• Pinch of nutmeg
• 200g mixed berries of your choice
• 20g golden caster sugar
• Juice of ½ small lemon
• Pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
• Fresh mint to garnish (optional)
The Rice Pudding
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
2. Place all the ingredients into an ovenproof dish, stir and sprinkle with the nutmeg and place in the oven.
3. Bake for about an hour. Check after 30 minutes that the milk hasn’t all absorbed into the rice. If it has just add a little more milk.
4. Once a golden brown skin has formed its ready to serve.
The Fruit Compote
5. Place the berries with the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon into a bowl. Blend using a hand held blender, alternatively use a food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Garnish with fresh mint.