One Pot Mushroom and Potato Curry
Main Course / Dairy Free / Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Nut Free / Shellfish Free / Suitable for Diabetics / Halal / Healthy heart recipe / Vegetarian / Vegan / Indian
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 20minutes
Submitted by: Lead Cooks Working Group
20ml Olive oil
1 Onion (large)- peeled and chopped roughly
1- 2 Potatoes (large approx 200g - use judgement)- peeled and chopped into small chunks
1 large Aubergine - chopped into chunks
250g button mushrooms - washed
2-4 tbsp medium curry paste
150 ml vegetable stock
1 400g tin chickpeas or beans (eg kidney or blackeye)
1 400g tin reduced fat coconut milk
Large bunch fresh coriander - chopped
400g Savoy cabbage
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and potatoes.
2. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes start to soften.
3. Add the aubergine and mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
4. Stir in the curry paste and then pour over the stock and coconut milk.
5. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender.
6. Stir through the coriander and serve with rice and vegetables.
Side - vegetables and rice
In separate pans boil or steam the greens and carrots until tender. The greens will take around 5 minutes and the carrots around 10 to 15 minutes. Alternatively use your own preferred method.
Cook rice according to packet instructions.