Curried Pork (parc au curry)
Main Course / Gluten Free / Nut Free / Shellfish Free / Low Sodium / Indian
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 26minutes
Submitted by: Volunteer - Eddie Ockwell
Quick, easy and only one pot
150g/5oz Finely sliced onion
2 Crushed garlic cloves
250g/9ozs Coarsely chopped tomatoes
200ml/7fl ozs White wine
2 tablespoons Curry powder
75g/3ozs Desiccated coconut
14.3g/ Half teaspoon Powdered thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
750g/28ozs Boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1.25cm/1/2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons Sour cream (creme fraiche)
1. Put the onions in a casserole. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes and wine to the casserole. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes
3. Rinse the sultanas under plenty of cold running water. Pat dry on kitchen paper.
4. Add the sultanas, curry powder, desiccated coconut and powdered thyme to the casserole. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the meat cubes - mixing thoroughly. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes.
5. Stir the contents of the casserole, cover again and reduce the microwave power to MEDIUM. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes (may need longer for meat to tenderise) - stirring once halfway through cooking time. When the meat is tender, remove the casserole from the oven and leave for 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream (creme fraiche), mix well and serve.
Serve with basmati rice