Baked apple and almond pudding
Dessert / Gluten Free / Shellfish Free / Low Sodium / Suitable for Diabetics / Plain Soft Food / Vegetarian / European
Preparation time: 30minutes
Cooking time: 20minutes
Submitted by: Lead Cooks Working Group
450g Bramley (or any other cooking apples), peeled, cored and sliced
110g Ground almonds
50g Soft brown sugar
110g Butter, at room temperature
110g Golden caster sugar
2 Large eggs, beaten
1. Preheat the over to gas mark 4 (moderate)
2. Place the apples in a saucepan with the brown sugar and approximately 2 tablespoons of water. Simmer gently until soft, and then arrange them in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy and then beat in the eggs a little at a time. When all the egg is in, carefully and lightly fold in the ground almonds.
4. Spread this mixture over the apples, and even out the surface with the back of a tablespoon.
5. Bake in the oven at gas mark 4 for around 1 hour in a large tin, or around 15-20 minutes in individual foils.