Chocolate Pear Crisp
Dessert / Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Shellfish Free / Traditional British / Low Sodium / Vegetarian
Submitted by: Kentish Town Lead Cook
5 Ripe pears
5 tsp Lemon juice
20 gms Light muscavado sugar
60 gms Icing sugar
20 gms Cocoa powder
40 gms Ground almonds
2 Egg whites
75 mls Creme fraiche
1. Heat oven to 160c/fan assisted 140c/gas 3.
2. Peel and chop the pears into small pieces and put in a pan with the lemon juice and sugar. Bring to the boil, then cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover, then cook for 8-10 minutes more until the juices thicken up.
3. Spoon out into small ovenproof bowls.
4. For the topping, sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl, then stir in the almonds.
5. Whisk the egg white until stiff, then fold into the dry ingredients.
6. Spoon over the pears and shake the bowls to level the mixture.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the topping is firm to the touch.
8. Serve with cr
Serve warm or cold