Easiest Ever Fish Pie
Main Course / Gluten Free / Nut Free / Traditional British / Low Sodium / Suitable for Diabetics / Halal / Plain Soft Food / Healthy heart recipe / European
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 25minutes
Submitted by: Eating Positively
800g Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
4 Tbsp semi-skimmed milk
Half a small Savoy cabbage or a leek, shredded
600g fish pie mix
300ml half fat creme fraiche
1) Preheat the oven to 200c, gas mark 6.
2) Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and mash them with the milk to make a creamy smooth mash.
Season to taste.
3) Meanwhile, lightly cook the cabbage or leek in boiling water or a steamer then stir into the prepared mash.
4) Place the fish into a deep oven-proof pie dish and spoon over the creme fraiche.
Season with black pepper.
5) Spoon the mash mixture on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Serve with mixed veg.
Storage information: Refridgerate for up to 2 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.