Light Meal / Main Course / Vegetable Dish / Dairy Free / Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Shellfish Free / Low Cholesterol / North African / Suitable for Diabetics / Healthy heart recipe / Vegetarian / European
Preparation time: 15minutes
Cooking time: 30minutes
Submitted by: EP class recipe - The Food Chain
1 cup of quinoa.
½ vegetable stock cube.
Handful of steamed broccoli.
Seeds of 1 pomegranate.
1 red onion sliced.
Handful of roughly-chopped Brazil nuts.
2 tbsp. of olive oil.
1 teaspoon of honey.
2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar.
1) Place the quinoa in a pan to simmer, in double the quantity of water and add the vegetable stock cube (so if you’re using 1 cup of quinoa, use 2 cups water stock).
2) Simmer for about 25-30 minutes, until the quinoa has doubled in size and looks like transparent little pearls.
3) Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under some cold water and drain well.
4) Transfer the cooked quinoa to a bowl and combine with the broccoli, pomegranate seeds, red onion slices, Brazil nuts and turkey pieces (if using).
5) Make a dressing by combining a drizzle of olive oil the honey, balsamic vinegar & pepper. Then add and mix well through the salad.
1 Small saucepan
1 medium saucepan
Delicious served with baked salmon.
Standard sized cup.
1 Mixing spoon + a measuring spoon set.
Knives – 1 small + 1 med/large.
Medium mixing bowl.
Chopping board x 2.