Light Meal / Dairy Free / Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Nut Free / Shellfish Free / Low Cholesterol / Low in Saturated Fats / Low Sodium / Suitable for Diabetics / Plain Soft Food / Vegetarian / Vegan
Preparation time: 10minutes
Cooking time: 30minutes
Submitted by: Lead Cooks Working Group
750g Extra firm tofu
2 cloves Garlic chopped
1kg Spinach washed and chopped
1: Cumin tofu
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions until they have softened a bit, about 5 minutes, add the garlic and continue to cook gently.
2. Drain the tofu and cut into bite sized cubes, add to the onions and garlic in the pot.
3. Add the spices and a generous sprinkling of salt. Stir to incorporate.
4. Add the spinach and put the lid on the pot for about 5 minutes, to help the greens start wilting.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice in and check seasoning
2: Spicy tomato sauces
1.Add the oil to a pan over a medium heat.
2.Add the chilli, ginger and garlic to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. You don't want to colour the spices, just take the raw edge off them.
3.Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan.
4.Add the soy sauce and sugar and cook down for 5-7 minutes. You want a fresh, light sauce with all the ingredients still identifiable, not a mushy mess.
1.Cook the rice according to packet instructions, or your own preferred method.
2.Peel the yam and chop into pieces as you would a potato, boil for about 20 minutes (the texture of cooked yam is like that of a cooked potato)
3.Boil or semi steam broccoli florets until just tender.