Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion, New Potatoes, Carrots and Beans
Main Course / Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Nut Free / Shellfish Free / Low Sodium
Submitted by: Lead Cook - Vicki Morley
5 Pork chops or Pork loins (approx 200gms each)
2 and a half Onions (medium sized)
Thyme leaves, (chopped)
5 Bay leaves
8 to 10 Sage leaves (chopped)
60gms Butter (plus a bit extra for the roasting part and the veg)
1 Garlic clove (minced)
20 mls Vegetable oil
15 New potatoes (approx quantity)
400 gms Carrots
400 gms Beans
1. Heat oven to 180c, gas 4.
2. Brown the pork chops in batches in a frying pan using half the oil and half the butter. Transfer to roasting dishes and season.
3. Heat the other half of the oil and half butter in a large pan and cook the onions on medium heat, stirring until light brown and caramelising. It may be tough to get onions to caramelise rather than steam in large quantities so use a large pan.
4. Add the chopped garlic, sage and thyme to the onions, stir then spread evenly over the pork chops.
5. Put a bayleaf on top of where each chop lies and dot the top with some butter.
6. Season lightly, cover with foil and bake for 25 – 35 minutes.
1. Wash potatoes and boil until tender. Season with salt and pepper and some butter.
2. Wash and peel carrots and chop into rounds or batons, Boil until tender.
3. Wash, top and tail beans and boil until tender (or use frozen beans).