Mackerel or Feta with Potato and Tomato Salad
Light Meal / Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Nut Free / Low in Saturated Fats / Suitable for Diabetics / Halal / Plain Soft Food / Healthy heart recipe
Submitted by: Lead Cooks Working Group
625 gms Salad potatoes
250 gms Smoked Mackerel – skinned or 250 gms Feta
450 gms Tomatoes - chopped or cherry halved
30 mls or 2 tbsps Vegetable oil
2 tsps Fresh ginger - grated or finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves - grated or finely chopped
1 Green chilli - de-seeded and finely chopped
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Brown mustard seeds
300 mls Greek or Greek style yoghurt
2 tsps Fresh coriander leaves – chopped
1. Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain - cooling under cold running water as necessary. Half and put in a large bowl.
2. Dry fry the cumin and mustard seeds over a low heat until the cumin becomes a slightly darker brown. Add to the potatoes.
3. Put the oil in the same pan and fry the ginger, garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes. Add to the potatoes.
4. Add the tomatoes, yoghurt and coriander to the potatoes and mix well.
5. Top with smoked mackerel or cubed Feta.